I want to let everyone know that the Cooper City Commission is proposing, in the upcoming final budget hearing on Monday, September 22nd at 6:30 PM, to approve a nearly $50 million dollar budget! During the first budget hearing on September 15th, the only item that was discussed in regards to this entire budget was the Storage Lot Fees. Commissioner James Curran demanded that the storage lot fees remain the same and NOT be reduced, as previously promised to the Storage Lot tenants. Please come to the final budget meeting and show your support for Item 6-D-5, ‘Approving an amendment to the Lease, Lease Rates and Rules and Regulations for the Municipal Parking Facilities – Res. No. 14-9-12’. Come out and tell Commissioner Curran that we are sick and tired of him wasting our hard earned money and not living up to his promises! What do you have to say about this? Let’s keep the storage lot fees low! Please, come out and let your voice be heard!
- The City Commission will hold a 2nd Budget Hearing for FY2014-15 on September 22nd.
- The next Regular Commission Meeting will be held on October 14th.
- The Education Advisory Board will host a Candidates Forum on October 15th.
- BSO will be hosting a 1-day AARP Adult Safe Driver Course on October 27th – Register NOW.
- CrimeMapping Feature on the BSO Website allows you to view Reported Crimes in your area.
- Sign-up to receive Emergency Notifications via Text and/or E-Mail through CodeRED!
- Don’t miss the Annual Community Garage sale on October 11th.
- The Popular Community Book Swap will be held on October 17th.
- Register NOW for the AARP 2-Day Adult Safe Driver Course on October 29th & 30th.